We Are Hiring!
Software Development QA Analyst
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst role is to develop and implement quality assurance standards and measures for the Information System services within the organization. This will include writing and executing test plans and scripts, assisting in the creation and updating of documentation, and gathering and reporting of related data.
Latitude Technologies has an opening within their Software Testing Department for a self-motivated Quality Assurance Analyst to help us continue adding value to our aviation services platform.
Latitude Technologies develops its hardware, embedded software, and enterprise software systems in-house. You will report to the Team Lead and be responsible for working with the software development team on a variety of development projects, including embedded real-time software development using compilers, linkers, microcontrollers and related tools. You will gain exposure to the aerospace industry, avionics systems design and Transport Canada regulatory compliance issues.
The Software Quality Assurance Analysts role is to develop and implement quality assurance standards and measures for the Information System services within the organization. This will include writing and executing test plans and scripts, assisting in the creation and updating of documentation, and gathering and reporting of related data.
• Create and execute test plans & scripts that will ensure applications meet business requirements, system goals, and fulfill end-user requirements.
• Review and recommend revisions to quality assurance measures and standards as needed.
• Creation of configuration files for aviation hardware, specifically targeting the acquisition of data from aircraft.
• Collaborate with software and systems personnel in engineering and application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
• Coordinate deployment of new development, improvements, or corrections to ensure that quality, communication, documentation, and training objectives are achieved.
• Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in enterprise/embedded software projects across the organization.
• Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating software testing projects for modified and new systems or applications.
• Positive work attitude in a team environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills augmented by a good attention to detail.
• Excellent communication, planning and time management skills.
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing.
• Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies, including how to structure and prioritize test development.
• Hands on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software.
• Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
• Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
• Ability to write clearly.
Latitude Technologies is located in Victoria, British Columbia, on beautiful Vancouver Island. We are one of the world’s leading developers and manufacturers of wireless data management solutions for aviation, land, and marine transportation industries, delivering certified satellite-based data and voice communications systems and onboard wireless terminals and transceivers to customers worldwide. We are a company on the move and are looking for great people to grow with us.
Latitude offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive medical and dental benefits package. We are proudly an equal opportunity employer. If you are self-motivated, enjoy problem-solving, and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career as part of a world-class team, contact us today.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Software Development QA Analyst.”